Wednesday, June 3, 2009

NASA Kid's Chapter - Naming the Rover

There is no NASA Kid's Chapter - I invented it just so I could do this project as per specification.

The Spec. The specification called for interactivity of a FLV with at least two Flash programmed components.

The Concept In this project I used five components - label, scrollPane, pause/play button, textArea and sliderBar with interaction to a video from NASA and some corresponding interesting images of outer space.

The Design The movie I downloaded from NASA webpage has to be edited to shorten it slightly and removed unwanted clips. In the process of importing the video into Flash I inserted four major cue points.

The "skin" is optional since I ll be using a play / pause button to basically control the video. The following is the function of each of the components I'll be using :

a. textArea : to display summarized text description of each cuepoint at certain point in time.
b. label : to indicate the scale of the scrollPane enlarged horizontally by using sliderbar.
c. sliderbar : to interact with scrollPane enlarging it horizontally and set it current.
d. play / pause button : self explanatory. e. scrollPane : set to receive images at a given interval of the video when played.

Aside, I have created four buttons corresponding to the four cue points I inserted while importing the video into flash.

The images have to be inserted via actionscript and each image has to be placed in a certain point of time just so it stay long enough to be viewable. In order to fill the stage I have decided to create a logo that fades when the movie plays or appears when the movie is done playing.

The Movie :

No comments: